Lutheran Laymen’s League of Canada assists in the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by creating, promoting and distributing resources, especially those of Lutheran Hour Ministries, through various media and by equipping Christians for outreach. It is a Canadian not-for-profit corporation; a registered Canadian charity; and an Auxiliary of Lutheran Church – Canada.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of:
The Communications Coordinator will be a key player in shaping and delivering the messaging directed to our member base, Lutheran congregations and the Canadian public.
Working with our Managing Director, the Communications Coordinator will: prepare content for our websites, social media, newsletters, and donor communications; oversee our website and other social media outlets; and provide assistance with promotional and fund-raising campaigns and programs.
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week, on average.
to the Managing Director
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Update and create content on our websites, blogs and other social media sites
• Write articles for various communication vehicles
• Create communications to volunteers, congregations and supporters
• Assist with marketing and promotion campaigns and programs
• Create and execute a month-by-month annual communication plan
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
• A degree or diploma in communications or journalism
• Three years related job experience with proven success in at least two of the key areas of responsibility, with a demonstrated ability to grow into other job duties
• Proven knowledge of common principles and practices of organization communications
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to handle multiple priorities simultaneously under deadline pressures
• Attention to detail and solid research skills
• Outgoing “people person” with a creative flair
• Strong core writing skills with the ability to adapt to various styles and applications
• High level of competency in Microsoft Office,
• Knowledge of and/or experience in managing online content with Content Management (i.e WordPress)
• Graphic design skills an asset.
• A knowledge of Lutheran Church – Canada, and fluency in French are definite assets
You may e-mail us your resume as well as links to your on-line presence.
If you prefer you may send that information to:
Lutheran Laymen’s League of Canada
Attention: Managing Director
270 Lawrence Ave., Kitchener, ON, N2M 1Y4